Lubrication of all types of O-ring seals is extremely important - for installation of all types,
operation of moving and seating of static seals. The specific rule for installation is: The greatest
benefit in using a lubricant is obtained during the installation of the O-ring.
Lubricants are commonly used on O-rings and other elastomeric seals. Using a grease or an oil
at assembly helps protect the O-ring from damage by abrasion, pinching, or cutting. It helps seat
the O-ring properly, speeds up assembly operations, and makes automated assembly line
procedures possible. An additional benefit is the protection that the lubricant gives as a surface
film. It helps protect some polymers from degradation by atmosphere, and its presence helps
extend the service life of the O-ring. A lubricant is almost essential in pneumatic applications
requiring dynamic service. In vacuum applications lubricants help reduce the leakage rate by
filling the asperities of the metal. Parker Seal offers two lubricants that will satisfy most service
needs. BRP is an outstanding general purpose grease intended for use with seals
that perform in hydrocarbon service. It can also be used in pneumatic service. Its useful
temperature is -20° to +180°F(-29° to 82°C). BRP is an exceptional all
purpose lubricant. It is not a grease, but a high viscosity silicone oil. It is especially useful as a
seal lubricant. Its temperature range is - 65° to +400°F (- 54° to +204°C).
Before selecting a lubricant (other than fluid sealed) for use with O-rings, determine that it meets
the following requirements:
1. It or the additives that it contains, should not cause shrinkage or excessive swelling of the
O-ring compound being used.
2. It should not excessively soften or solidify over the anticipated temperature range.
3. It should not break-down and leave gummy or gritty deposits after cycling, or due to
action of fluid being sealed.
4. It should be capable of forming thin, strong films over the metal being lubricated that the
O-ring cannot wipe away.
5. It should be compatible with the fluid being sealed if used inside the system.
6. It should pass through filters used in the system.
1、OEM size to suit for customers' requirment
2、Various hardness for your choice
3、Multiple color available
4、Custom logo accepted ( engraved & embossed)
5、Large quantity order are able to be fulfilled
6、Strict quality control system