As a rotating shaft seal for automobiles, rubber oil seals have shown many advantages in terms of cost and quality. So how do you choose a rubber oil seal?
1. As far as possible to understand the production materials, the quality of factories producing rubber seals in China is very different. Users can try to understand the situation of the production plants and actively use the materials to provide basis for future purchases.
2. Pay attention to the inspection of the appearance of the oil seal.
1) Good and clean. Because the smoothness of the oil seal with good finish is small, it can extend the life of the journal.
2) The appearance is complete and flawless. The skeleton has no void, the shape is flat and does not deform, the lip portion has no burrs, the trimming is well-proportioned, and the shape is smooth and free from irregularities.
3) The hardness should be moderate. It is neither too hard nor too soft. It is too hard to follow the weight loss or eccentricity of the shaft; if it is too soft, it will easily break the cooperation between the shaft and the oil seal, resulting in poor sealing of the oil seal.
4) The lip is elastic. Usually the journal and the lip edge have a certain process and maintain a pressing force of 25-30 kPa, that is, elasticity. If the elasticity is too small, the pressing force is low, and oil leakage occurs during operation; on the contrary, if the elasticity is too large and the pressing force is high, the river will accelerate the excessive wear of the journal and the oil seal, and even burn and shorten the service life.
5) When the rotating shaft wears the groove too deep, it is compensated by the inserting method. However, after the thin sleeve is set, the journal is enlarged, so it is necessary to use an enlarged oil seal.
6) When adopting the substitute oil seal, if the oil seal lip is brought back to the oil line, the lip return line opposite to the rotation direction must be selected to avoid the oil leakage effect and oil leakage.